Wind (SSW): 19kph
Royal Lake Of The Woods Yacht Club offers tennis for everyone, whether you are a beginner, expert, competitive or a recreational player. The club offers four courts for your tennis enjoyment. Courts 1 and 2 are available for booking by members while our newly renovated courts 3 and 4 are reserved between the hours of 9:00am to 4:00pm for coaching for our tennis programs.
We are delighted to announce the appointment of Ron Heifets as Head Tennis Pro. Ron comes to us from the Valois Tennis Club, in Pointe-Claire Quebec, where he has been the Head Pro and Director of Junior Tennis Programs for the last 3 years. Ron is passionate about tennis. Playing since the age of 7 when his grandfather gave him his first racquet, Ron excelled in the sport in his early teens. He was ranked as one of the top 5 players in Quebec at age 14 and qualified to play at the Canadian National Championships. For the last 5 years, Ron has turned his attention to coaching as he thoroughly enjoys helping others maximize their potential on the court. He is looking forward to sharing his knowledge and passion for tennis with our members. Please welcome Ron to the club and beautiful Lake of the Woods
RLWYC follows the Progressive Tennis coaching program, endorsed by Tennis Canada, which enables young people to learn in a fun and interactive way and ensures immediate success for young players. Using modified tennis balls, racquets, nets and courts, young players are properly equipped to enjoy rallies and learn the fundamentals of the game early on. Skills are developed much quicker, allowing for an easy transition to full court.
The tennis camps offer instruction to all juniors from the ages of 5 to 16, whatever their skill level.
For more detailed information on Progressive Tennis our tennis camps and for registration. Click Here
The club is offering several classes for adults for this summer. If you are new to tennis, speak to our Head Pro about scheduling a private, semi-private or group lesson. If you are looking to improve your game, you may enjoy our Adult Clinic on Tuesdays or for action packed doubles play, come and join in the Triple Threat sessions. If you enjoy playing tennis and are looking to connect with other members, come out and play with one of our groups. Ladies tennis, Men’s tennis and Mixed Doubles groups have the courts booked for fun doubles play. All members are welcome to come out to these groups. For more information on adult tennis classes and groups click here.
As in previous years, private lessons will be available outside of program hours. Private lessons are open to all members and non-members, of any age and skill level.
- Private Lesson 30 mins $30.00
- Private Lesson 1 hour $45.00
- Semi Private Lesson 1 hour $25.00 pp / Non Member $35.00 pp
- Group Lesson – 3 people $22.00 pp / Non Member $30.00 pp
- Group lesson – 4 or more people $18.00 pp / Non Member $25.00 pp
The club tournaments and dates for summer 2017 are listed below. Tournament sign-up sheets will be posted in the tennis lounge.
- Junior Doubles Tournament Tue July 18 3:30am – 6:30pm
- Men’s Doubles Tournament Fri July 21 9:30am followed by Men’s Luncheon
- Junior Singles Tournament Mon Aug 7 9:30am – 1:00pm
- Ladies Doubles Tournament Tue Aug 8 3:30pm – 6:30pm
- The Angie Ferguson Adult/Junior Tournament Sat Aug 12 9:00am – 12:30pm
- Adult Fun Mixed Doubles Sun Aug 13 10:00am -1:00pm
- Booking Courts – there is a new online court booking system accessible in the members area by clicking the “My Account” tab at the top and then clicking on the Tennis Bookings.
- Courts 1 and 2 will be open for booking by members at all times other than on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 10.00 – 12.00 and Sunday mornings from 11.00 – 1.00pm (at these times the courts are reserved for Ladies’, Men’s and Mixed Doubles tennis).
- Court bookings may be made up to 4 days in advance. Members may book a one-hour period for singles and a one and a half-hour period for doubles. Please be courteous to other members and cancel your court utilizing the online booking system if you are unable to play.