Wind (NNE): 10kph
Did you know that there are approximately 103 Royal warranted Clubs across the Commonwealth?
Royal warrants have not been conferred for many decades, and it is virtually impossible to get one now.
There is an exclusive element associated with membership at a Royal Club. The nine Royal Yacht Clubs in Canada generally offer privileges to RLWYC members upon introduction by way of a referral letter from your Commodore—and some even offer charging privileges. Each Club is a little different in what they offer and how much of a welcome they give. A few, like the Royal Thames Yacht Club next to Harrods in the heart of London have accommodations; some have pleasant bars and eating facilities. Should you wish to visit one of the Royal Yacht Clubs in Canada, remember that taking out your own full membership at Royal Lake of the Woods Yacht Club has its privileges. If visiting another Royal club, consider purchasing a RLWYC burgee and/or Century of Summers book to present to its Commodore.
Royal Lake of the Woods Yacht Club is pleased to welcome Members from other yacht clubs upon presentation of a Letter of Introduction from their own Club.
Here are the nine Royal Yacht Clubs in Canada:
- Royal Victoria Yacht Club, Victoria, British Columbia
- Royal Vancouver Yacht Club, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Royal Lake of the Woods Yacht Club, Kenora, Ontario
- Royal Hamilton Yacht Club, Hamilton, Ontario
- Royal Canadian Yacht Club, Toronto, Ontario
- Royal St Lawrence Yacht Club, Montreal, Quebec
- Royal Kennebaccassis Yacht Club, Saint John New Brunswick
- Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Royal Newfoundland Yacht Club, Conception Bay South (near St. John’s, Newfoundland)